AGRANA in Algeria
AGRANA FRUIT ALGERIA
AGRANA now offers 4 factories to supply African and Middle East markets:
- Akbou (AGRANA FRUIT ALGERIA) for Northern African countries as well as regional export markets
- Cairo (AGRANA NILE FRUITS) for the north-western part of the African continent, plus some targeted customers in the Arabic Peninsula
- Johannesburg (AGRANA FRUIT SOUTH AFRICA) for the southern half of the African continent
- Istanbul (AGRANA FRUIT ISTANBUL) for Turkey and Middle East
In all cases, we are seeking for the best solution for our clients depending on freight costs and duration, custom duties agreements, product expertise and specific product equipments of each factory.
- Technology, product development, innovation, the management of key accounts, food quality and safety, and global sourcing from AGRANA
- The ability to operate a food plant in Algeria, knowledge of the North African markets and local sourcing capabilities
|AGRANA FRUIT was founded in 1965 in Mitry-Mory (France) and invented the business of preparing fruit for yogurt in France. Through various shareholders, AGRANA has developed a network of twenty subsidiaries worldwide that deliver fruit preparations to local and international clients.|
PERNOD-RICARD, French leader of alcoolic drinks buys SIAS MPA from COPPEE.
SIAS MPA is bought by Butler Capital Partners (BCP). SIAS MPA is renamed ATYS
Signature of a contract to buy ATYS between BCP and AGRANA, one of food industry leader in Austria
AGRANA becomes 100% shareholder of ATYS. AGRANA merges several companies producing fruit preparations ((ATYS, STEIEROBST et DSF) in one Division AGRANA Fruit.
|Signature of JV contract between shareholders for the creation of AGRANA NILE FRUITS|
AGRANA Fruit aquires the Argentinian fruit preparation producer Main Process SA
Market entry in India through the acquisition of Saikrupa Pvt. Ltd.
|AGRANA Fruit expands it footprint to Algeria, by acquiring 49% of the shares in Elafruits SPA|
Client satisfaction is the heart of AGRANA Fruit Algerias quality policy. Our objective is to consistently improve our performance in terms of service, price and product quality. We focus on a limited number of clients in order to concentrate our efforts and be able to meet their specific needs. A continual gain in market share and volumes is our best overall performance indicator.
A long-term commitment
In our business, this objective is realized over time. Its survival depends on:
- aiming for zero defect in accordance with the AGRANA Group's strategy,
- the highest standards of food safety for our products,
- continually optimising our resources and organisation to create consistent profit and investment opportunities,
- attention to sustainable development: staff safety, working conditions and employability of workers and optimising of natural resources.
A culture based on discipline and continual improvement
Every work station contributes directly or indirectly to improving quality and client satisfaction:
- everyday precision and adherence to good practices are the very foundation of our quality policy;
- continual progress must consistently drive each of us to improve both the organisation and processes;
- and we must maintain a high level of ethics and standards for ourselves and our colleagues.
We undertake to provide our teams with the means to implement this policy, to obtain objectives and to continuously improve the system.
Our organization must combine flexibility, speed and innovation, while being at the forefront of efficiency and precision.
- The specific AGRANA structure brings an efficient network between all affiliates. This brings to our clients the guarantee to get a global vision of the international market and its innovations.
- Experience sharing : we get some support from our Innovation Competency Center, based in Austria, being the place for communication between all affiliates.
- Liveliness and diversity of the global markets as well as specifics of the African and Middle East food markets, a constant source of Inspiration
- Concerning product development for Algeria, R&D and innovation support comes from both the local NPD organization as well as the French NPD center. This secures to understand the local market needs and taste profiles, as well as keeping the link with the innovative European market trends and the AGRANA global innovation network.
- Continuous Quality : the "zero" defect strategy, aiming at a total client satisfaction.
- Will to combine originality, value creation and industrial reality. We develop our innovations close to the market trends, while anticipating customer's expectations and answering their range and strategy specificities.
- Advising role : attentive partner listening to our clients, we provide them with the marketing support needed for their projects.
All these combined strengths give us a unique position in our market; we are able to identify innovative projects and make them real through the development of innovative concepts.
To ensure its long term and sustainable success in a highly competitive market environment, it is AGRANA's strategic goal to set itself apart from its competitors via continual technological optimisation and product innovations. On the one hand, AGRANA strives to optimise its production technologies, also as regards sustainability criteria, and on the other, the company collaborates with its clients to develop recipes, special products, and new uses for existing products.
In the fruit preparation division, research and development activity is concentrated on the innovation and competence centre in Tulln|Austria. This research centre concentrates on developing innovative products and production techniques as well as conducting long-term research and development projects in order to provide AGRANA's internationally active clients with market-relevant solutions.